Our editors will review what you’ve submitted and determine whether to revise the article.Join Britannica's Publishing Partner Program and our community of experts to gain a global audience for your work!
- The Met Museum - Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History - Biography of Genghis Khan
- Asia for Educators - The Mongols in World History - Biography of Chinggis Khan
- LiveScience - Genghis Khan, Founder of Mongol Empire: Facts and Biography
- Genghis Khan - Children's Encyclopedia (Ages 8-11)
- Genghis Khan - Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up)
Genghis Khan, Genghis also spelled Chinggis, Chingis, Jenghiz, or Jinghis, original name Temüjin, also spelled Temuchin, (born 1162, near August 18, 1227), Mongolian warrior-ruler, one of the most famous conquerors of history, who consolidated tribes into a unified Mongolia and then extended his empire across Asia to the Adriatic Sea.